    No Subject

    Dear colleagues,

    At yesterdays IPS WG meeting and had no chance to clarify my proposal
    regarding a merger of FCIP and iFCP into a single effort.

    iFCP attempt to provide an IP interconnect for FCP devices. It has also the
    capabilty to interconnect FC islands.

    FCIP has the narrower scope of connecting only FC islands - admittedly even
    FC devices other then FCP.

    Given that FCP devices where the main concern of this WG and that iFCP
    serves a wider purpose than FCIP and will enable not only tunneling but also
    migration of FCP devices to IP infrastructure my intention was to suggest
    that iFCP should attempt to incorporate those FCIP functions it does not
    care about today and those two groups should work towards one common draft
    that should cover not only tunneling but also device migration to IP
    networks.