    RE: A question on Zero Copy

    > > Does the iSCSI layer want:
    > >
    > > A) Plain Zero copy, where the upper layer (iSCSI) asks
    > >    to read the next available "message" from the wire
    > >    into a buffer passed to the transport by iSCSI?
    > > <OR>
    > > B) A directed Zero Copy, where the upper layer (iSCSI) asks
    > >    to read a particular request to a specific buffer?
    > >
    > Randall,
    >
    > We would ideally have directed Zero Copy.
    > <snip> <snip>

    Costa:

    I agree with everything you said, except that B) is required, a "MUST".

    There are hundreds read requests to many targets can be outstanding at one
    time.  The requests WILL come back in random order.  Therefore, reading the
    next "available message" into a buffer does not make sense.

    Y.P. Cheng