    Re: A question on Zero Copy

    Option A requires only that the NIC support payload recognition or
    payload alignment.  I like the term "payload steering" for option B, and
    it is supported by the RDMA proposals.

    It seems to me that iSCSI needs payload steering if it is trying to look
    like a block device to an off-the-shelf Unix operating system.  For
    example:

    1) If you build an iSCSI card that plugs into an SCSI slot and talks
    iSCSI on a network link, the card needs payload steering.

    2) If you build a block device driver that talks iSCSI through a network
    card, the card needs payload steering.

    Otherwise you have to copy the payloads.

    Jeff