    Re: iSCSI: Urgent Pointer Negotation

    Costa,

    I've already fixed it with both directions negotiated separately.
    Software should also pay attention of how they handle signals as there is a
    nasty signal associated.

    csapuntz@cisco.com on 16/11/2000 04:33:16

    Please respond to csapuntz@cisco.com

    To:   ips@ece.cmu.edu
    cc:   csapuntz@cisco.com
    Subject:  iSCSI: Urgent Pointer Negotation

    If the URG pointer feature is to be used, it should be negotiated.

    The reason it should be negotiated is that the presence of the URG
    pointer takes many TCP receive stacks off of their fast path. I am
    not familiar with whether it significantly slows current TCP send stacks.

    Each half of the connection should be negotiated separately. This
    deals with a hardware accelerator on one side and a software
    implementation on the other.

    Cheers,
    -Costa