    Re: iSCSI: Urgent Pointer Negotation

    John Hufferd/San Jose/IBM wrote:

    > Please forgive my previous send of a null message (had a finger check).
    >
    > Costa MIGHT have the key to this discussion.

    Well, I already suggested negotiation of the urgent pointer (see ISCSI:
    negotiation of the use of the Urgent Pointer), but I think Costa phrased it
    better than I did.

    >  If he is correct, that the
    > Urgent Pointer takes the fast path away from the SW receive TCP Stacks, but
    > perhaps not a big deal on Send (Need to check this),

    As Mark said, it will require two calls to send(), but perhaps that isn't as
    big a deal as the inbound path not taking the fast path.

    Mark said:

    > Maybe I am being simplistic, but I look at the impact that this has on the
    > sending side in order achieve this.  It means that for every iSCSI PDU I
    > have to call send twice, that is:
    >
    > send_iSCSI (char *  buf,  int    len)
    > {
    >    send (buf, 1, MSG_OOB);