    RE: iSCSI: Behaviors

    "Binford, Charles" <cbinford@lsil.com> on 27/09/2000 16:44:10

    Please respond to "Binford, Charles" <cbinford@lsil.com>

    To:   Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
    cc:
    Subject:  RE: iSCSI: Behaviors

    FYI:  Just last month at the T10 committee my proposal was approved for
    inclusion into SAM-2, and SPC-2.  It defines a new status value of TASK
    ABORTED.  When enabled via a mode page, this new status is returned to an
    initiator if his I/O was terminated because of a task management function
    performed by another initiator.  So, if initiator A sends down a LU Reset,
    all of initiator B's I/Os would be returned to him with a Task Abort status
    so he knows what happened.  See T10/00-229r3 for details.

    Charles Binford
    LSI Logic Storage Systems
    (316) 636-8566

     - att1.htm