    RE: New List: rdma@cisco.com: to discuss RDMA

    Interesting point of view...if the target end cannot count on the service
    being available at the initiator end, it does little good.

    InfiniBand, which has an RDMA mechanism, ran into a similar problem.  The
    solution was asymmetric requirements; requirements placed on the host end
    permitted less latitude than those placed on the target end.  The result is
    a set of services upon which the target end knows it can rely.

    Paul Grun
    Intel Corporation - Enterprise Platform Group
    (503) 677-6768 - paul.grun@intel.com <mailto:paul.grun@intel.com>