    iSCSI: multiple connection process

    > Exactly.  There has been NO consensus that multi-connection sessions
    should be
    > removed from the main specification (only your proposal to do that).  Just
    > because we can't (yet) agree on something, does not mean "let's not do it
    at
    > all, or put it off until later."

    Sorry, lack of rough consensus means one of those two.  Documents don't
    leave the WG without rough consensus, so either the document gets delayed
    for consensus, or the feature gets removed.  Needless to say, we don't have
    rough consensus at the moment, nor do I see much in the way of common
    ground emerging among the different points of view.

    > We already had the offline design team and we came up with something that
    > everyone is arguing about.  So let's have some more discussion on what it
    is
    > that people don't like, and what the requirements are, so that another
    offline
    > design team has something to work with.

    Actually, offline design teams came up with both the Asymmetric and
    Symmetric
    models ... and now there's a third.  It appears to me that continued list
    discussion is
    an active version of "put it off until later" rather than a passive one.  I
    could be
    wrong, but someone will need to explain what will be different about
    continued list
    discussion that will lead to a consensus in a way that discussion since
    Pittsburgh
    has not.

    The alternative process I have in mind is more of an evaluation team than a
    design
    team - form a team of people who publish evaluation criteria for
    multiple-connection
    sessions, evaluate drafts describing the various models against those
    criteria,
    and make a recommendation to the WG.  One possible way to make continued
    progress on the list is to discuss what those evaluation criteria ought to
    be
    rather than asking an off-line team to write them.  Doing this really
    requires someone
    to track the criteria as they evolve - a volunteer for this task is hereby
    solicited,
    preferably someone who has not taken a position on this session issue.

    +1 (508) 435-1000 x75140     FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500