    Re: iSCSI: Flow Control

    Matt,
    I am not sure that you answered David's Question.  Even if the SCSI layer
    uses RTT, what if ISCSI did not?  What would be the result?

    .
    .
    .
    John L. Hufferd

    "Matt Wakeley" <matt_wakeley@agilent.com>@ece.cmu.edu on 09/21/2000
    12:35:55 AM

    Please respond to Matt Wakeley <matt_wakeley@agilent.com>

    Sent by:  owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

    To:   "Reflector, IPS" <ips@ece.cmu.edu>
    cc:
    Subject:  Re: iSCSI: Flow Control

    Well, "modern" disk arrays imployed on SCSI and FC use XFER_RDYs (RTT).
    They don't
    seem to question it.

    -Matt

    David Robinson wrote:

    > Matt Wakeley wrote:
    >
    > > Ok, so now the SCSI processes the first command, and sends an RTT
    (XFER_RDY in
    > > FC terms) to the initiator.  Now, the initiator sends the data down the
    same
    > > TCP connection, and it gets stuck behind all those 998 commands in the
    TCP