    RE: single vs multiple channels for iSCSI commands

    I as I said in Haifa, agree with one iSCSI session per TCP connection (at
    least to start with, because it is simpler). However, I would not like this
    to get in the way of our IETF deadlines.  As long as a Target can respond
    to a Login Message -- that it can only take one TCP connection per iSCSI
    session, then this may be an approprate subset.   I, therefore,  would like
    to see that type of a target response included in our spec.  (The Initiator
    can always just send one connection per session, but the target needs to
    express its limits.)  With this capability, the folks that think that
    multiple connections per session are most important for their boxes, can
    ensure that they have all the problems solved with that approach, while the
    others can go ahead with the simpler approach.

    As I also said in Haifa, the only required "in order" action is on a single
    (virtual perhaps) LU.  This applies equally to Disk as well as Tape.
    Therefore, it is not required that any special commands be created for
    tape.  It is just required that all the Commands that are needed to be
    delivered in order, be sent on the same Session.

    .
    .
    .
    John L. Hufferd