    RE: Fw: iSCSI - Errata - to 20

    • To: ips@ece.cmu.edu
    • Subject: RE: Fw: iSCSI - Errata - to 20
    • From: Black_David@emc.com
    • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 19:13:31 -0400
    • Sender: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

    >  Julian> ...I am not going to comment on this anymore untill I hear from
    >  Julian> David Black (I have no strong bias eitherway). ...
    >
    > This sure seemed settled months ago.  I don't see a reason to reopen
    > it yet another time.  It's important for things that are decided to
    > STAY decided.  Did anyone give a strong reason why that decision was
    > wrong and it's critical to reopen it?  I don't think so.  So let the
    > previous decision stand.  Otherwise we can never reach completion.

    I believe the long standing WG Rough Consensus on this issue is
    "no change".  The version number is to stay at zero; that sort of
    on-the-wire change is not appropriate during RFC publication unless
    something is truly and clearly broken, and desire to indicate
    that the implementer has read the published RFC in addition to the
    final Internet-Draft approved by the IESG doesn't come close.

    Thanks,
    --David (with IPS WG co-chair hat on)
    +1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
    black_david@emc.com        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754

Last updated: Wed Sep 10 01:19:40 2003
12878 messages in chronological order