    RE: iSCSI - Errata - to 20

    • To: Julian Satran <Julian_Satran@il.ibm.com>, ips@ece.cmu.edu
    • Subject: RE: iSCSI - Errata - to 20
    • From: Eddy Quicksall <eddy_quicksall@ivivity.com>
    • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 11:48:56 -0400
    • Sender: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

    Section 5 says:

        a key=value in the data part of one of the following Login or Text

        Response or Request.

    The declension does not seem to be correct.  It would sound better if it had the word PDUs added to the end. (the phrase "one of the following" implies plural).

        a key=value in the data part of one of the following Login or Text

        Response or Request PDUs.

    Section 10.12.4

    Says we can't use version 0? This is really going to be bad because so much has been released that way. Why not just say min=0 and max=1?

    Section 13.

        TCP port number for iSCSI connections assigned by IANA is 860

        and this port can be used with an override.

    Can someone clue me in as to what an "override" is and how I determine when I should use it?

    Eddy