    Re: [rddp] Re: iSCSI/iWARP drafts and flow control

    > No new wire protocol is required.

    Please explain to me how credit can be replenished
    in the following example - without new positive flow
    control protocol.

    An initiator sends an immediate command in an untagged
    message to the target (and thus consumes one "fringe" credit).

    Considerations: a) CmdSN is not unique, can't be acked.
    b) target may discard it, or may process it c) no assumptions
    can be made based on  subsequent command processing.

    The other specific iSCSI PDU types that I listed present
    a similar "problem" - for both directions.
    --
    Mallikarjun

    Mallikarjun Chadalapaka
    Networked Storage Architecture