    StatSN and Reject PDUs

    • To: <ips@ece.cmu.edu>
    • Subject: StatSN and Reject PDUs
    • From: "Dean Scoville" <dean.scoville@qlogic.com>
    • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 08:18:44 -0700
    • content-class: urn:content-classes:message
    • Sender: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

    Title: StatSN and Reject PDUs

    iSCSI draft 20, section 10.17.3 -- StatSN, ExpCmdSN, MaxCmdSN states:
    These fields carry their usual values and are not related to the rejected
    command.

    I think I understand the ExpCmdSN and MaxCmdSN behavior,
    because section 6.3 explains that CmdSN is not advanced if the
    PDU being rejected is a command PDU, and MaxCmdSN
    advances are at the discretion of the target.

    In the case of StatSN, the above statement implies to me that StatSN
    in a Reject PDU behaves similar to StatSN in an R2T (section 10.8.3),
    in that it contains the next StatSN, and the StatSN for this connection
    is not advanced after the Reject PDU is sent. Is this a correct
    interpretation?

    thanks,
    Dean Scoville

Last updated: Fri Jun 27 02:19:39 2003