    From: Joshua Tseng [mailto:jtseng@NishanSystems.com]
    Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 9:09 AM
    To: 'ips@ece.cmu.edu'; 'Black_David@emc.com'
    Subject: iSNS draft -19 has been submitted

    Folks,

    I have just submitted iSNS draft revision -19 to IETF.  Included are some significant changes to handle Portal Groups for iSCSI.  I have posted a .pdf of the new draft with change highlights to the following location:

    http://www.nishansystems.com/ietf/draft-ietf-ips-isns-19.pdf

    The changes are also summarized below:

    1)      Added section 2.10, which clarifies the use of index attributes such as Portal_Index and Portal_Next_Index to support SNMP.

    2)      Added section 3.4, which introduces the Portal Group Object.  PG_Tag, PG_Index, PG_iSCSI_Name, PG_IP_Address, and PG_TCP/UDP_Port have all been added to the attribute list.  Sections 6.5, 6.5.1, 6.5.2, 6.5.3, 6.5.4, 6.5.5, and 6.5.6 added to describe these new attributes.

    3)      The diagrams and text in section 4.1.2 have been modified to account for Portal Group objects.
    4)      "Authentication Block Present" in the FLAGS field of the iSNS PDU Header has been reinstated The size of the authentication block has been adjusted so it can be 4-byte aligned.

    5)      Clarified creation of a new entity using the DevAttrReg message in section 5.6.5.1.
    6)      Added text for DevAttrReg in section 5.6.5.1 describing how to register Portal Group objects.
    7)      Added text in section 5.6.5.4 describing how to deregister Portal Group objects.
    8)      Added text in section 5.6.5.14 to clarify IPv4/v6 formatting and use of couter field in iSNS heartbeat.
    9)      Clarified the maximum size of the iSCSI name attribute is 224 bytes including NULL.
    10)     In section 7.2 security, add text requiring secure connection to use iSCSI boot list.
    11)     Examples in the appendix have been updated to incorporate registration and query of Portal Group objects.

Last updated: Tue Jun 17 14:19:50 2003
12644 messages in chronological order