    From: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu [mailto:owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu] On Behalf Of
    wrstuden@wasabisystems.com
    Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2003 6:48 PM
    To: Elizabeth G. Rodriguez
    Cc: 'KRUEGER,MARJORIE (HP-Roseville,ex1)'; 'Venkat Movva'; mbakke@cisco.com;
    black_david@emc.com; 'Ips@Ece.Cmu.Edu'; 'Michele Hallak - Stamler'
    Subject: RE: question about iscsiTgtPortalAttributesTable

    On Thu, 5 Jun 2003, Elizabeth G. Rodriguez wrote:

    > Hi Bill,
    >
    > No, I am not indicating that we are re-opening the MIB up for more work.
    > The issue presented here is that there is a fundamental problem in the
    > current MIB -- "... iscsiIntrPortalAttributesTable should be deleted as
    > there is no such thing as an initiator portal group tag (Marj)".  As such,
    > this is something that I believe needs to be corrected.
    >
    > The MIB itself has completed work in the working group (e.g. the WG signed
    > off on the MIB when last call was completed), and only necessary and minor
    > (e.g. does not change the fundamentals of what the WG has already agreed
    to)
    > changes can be made at this time, with the concurrence of the WG chairs
    and
    > the approval of the Area Directors.

    Ok. Well, what do we do about "self" auths? I've asked the questions a few
    times, and Mark has said, "Hmmm... I'll think about it." As I understand
    the MIB, it can be used to configure the auths you accept from the other
    side. But it can't be used to configure the auths you use to authenticate
    yourself. That strikes me as equally fundamental.

    As for initiator portal groups, my read on them was they were a way to
    tell the initiator you can have connections from these portals in the same
    session. Like you have two HBAs that each have two ethernet ports, but
    that don't talk to each other.  So each card can have a session span its
    two ports, but not span to the other card.

    Take care,

    Bill

Last updated: Fri Jun 06 13:19:59 2003
12621 messages in chronological order