    Re: iSCSI: ISID RULE and Discovery sessions

    So let me see if I understand this correctly.

    What we're saying here is that technically we have two distinct,
    ISID enforcement spaces:
    1) Discovery sessions with no target name defined in the login sequence
    2) All other sessions with a target name defined in the login sequence

    A target should not implicitly logout a session with the same
    InitiatorName/ISID in the first space, if a session with the same
    InitiatorName/ISID exists in the second space (and vice versa).
    These sessions should be allowed to exist concurrently, with
    no ISID rule violation.  But sessions with the same InitiatorName/ISID
    within the same space should not be allowed to exist.

    One thing that's confusing here is the use of "session" and
    "I_T" nexus interchangeably in the spec.  Clearly though, the
    case of a discovery session with no target name seems to be
    a special case, which I'm not even sure it's fair to call it an
    "I_T" nexus.  If it is to be considered an "I_T" nexus, the
    "T" portion of the nexus is undefined.   I guess for those that
    know the history and/or read between the lines this is all clear.
    But it may merit a specific mentioning of this this special
    case and how the ISID rule applies in a future revision.

    Thanks.

Last updated: Tue Apr 29 19:19:25 2003
12556 messages in chronological order