    Re: iSCSI SCSI command F bit questions

    That is completely a SCSI issue. The target may terminate any write at any point by status and report the data it dit not write through residual lengths.

    Julo

    AClarke@attotech.com
    Sent by: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

    08/04/03 17:10

    ips@ece.cmu.edu
    cc
    Subject
    iSCSI SCSI command F bit questions

    I have a few questions about iSCSI data transfer.

    In section 10.3.1 of the spec describing the F bit, why is the word "may"
    used?  I think that when Expected Data Transfer Length is larger than
    DataSegmentLength the target "MUST" solicit the additional data.  Is there
    a situation when the target should not send an R2T for the rest of the
    data?

    Is it at the initiator's discretion to set this bit, even if InitialR2T=No,
    ImmediateData=Yes, and DataSegmentLength is less than FirstBurstLength?

        10.3.1  Flags and Task Attributes (byte 1)

             The flags for a SCSI Command are:

             bit 0   (F) is set to 1 when no unsolicited SCSI Data-Out PDUs
                   follow this PDU.  When F=1 for a write and if Expected Data
                   Transfer Length is larger than the DataSegmentLength, the
                   target may solicit additional data through R2T.

    I would appreciate any comments or further explanation.

    Aaron

Last updated: Wed Apr 09 11:19:10 2003
12464 messages in chronological order