    From: Siva Vaddepuri [mailto:Siva.Vaddepuri@MCDATA.com]
    Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2003 1:50 PM
    To: 'Kevin Gibbons'; Joshua Tseng; 'ips@ece.cmu.edu'
    Subject: Clarification regarding iSNS Message Format

    Hi,

    Can anybody clarifiy requirements for Authentication Block in iSNS Message?
    - Is it a MUST for Broadcast/Multicast packets?
    - Is it MUST-NOT for Unicast packets?

    If Authentication block is optional for unicast packets how do we determine
    iSNS Packet boundaries in TCP Session?

    iSNS Message
       Byte   MSb                                        LSb
       Offset 0                   15 16                   31
              +---------------------+----------------------+
            0 |   iSNSP VERSION     |    FUNCTION ID       | 4 Bytes
              +---------------------+----------------------+
            4 |     PDU LENGTH      |       FLAGS          | 4 Bytes
              +---------------------+----------------------+
            8 |   TRANSACTION ID    |    SEQUENCE ID       | 4 Bytes
              +---------------------+----------------------+
           12 |                                            |
              |                PDU PAYLOAD                 | N Bytes
              |                    ...                     |
         12+N | AUTHENTICATION BLOCK (Multicast/Broadcast) | L Bytes
                       Total Length = 12 + N + L

    Thanks,
    Siva

    SPECIAL NOTICE
    All information transmitted hereby is intended only for the use of the
    addressee(s) named above and may contain confidential and privileged
    information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of
    confidential and privileged information is prohibited. If the reader of this
    message is not the intended recipient(s) or the employee or agent
    responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient(s).

    You may not distribute or copy the confidential and privileged portion of
    this communication to another. Anyone who receives confidential and
    privileged information in error should notify us immediately by telephone
    and mail the original message to us at the above address and destroy all
    copies.

    To the extent any portion of this communication contains public information,
    no such restrictions apply to that information. (gate02)

Last updated: Fri Apr 18 18:19:24 2003
12535 messages in chronological order