    iSCSI: two CmdSN gap questions

    • To: <ips@ece.cmu.edu>
    • Subject: iSCSI: two CmdSN gap questions
    • From: "Buck Landry" <blandry@crossroads.com>
    • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 15:47:18 -0600
    • content-class: urn:content-classes:message
    • Sender: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

    I'll try to keep this short.

    1) Is ABORT TASK the only Task Management Function Request type that can be used to plug a CmdSN gap?  (I'd assume "yes")

    2) I assume ABORT TASKs that plug a gap should be sent w/immediate bit set.  Otherwise, a target wouldn't consider the ABORT TASK for execution until after the missing command itself (3.2.2.1 ".. the iSCSI target layer MUST deliver the commands for execution in the order specified by CmdSN").  Do I misunderstand this?

    Thanks for any clarification,
    --buck

Last updated: Fri Mar 14 01:19:22 2003
12426 messages in chronological order