    Re: Protocol errors during login.

    Hi Mike,

    To my understanding of the protocol, when a text parameter which is not
    allowed in a particular stage of login phase is sent to the target, it should
    respond back with the status class 0x02 and status detail 0x00 (indicating the
    miscellaneous initiator errors, which may include protocol errors also).
    This applies to both the cases mentioned in sections 5.2 and 5.3.

    - Sastry

    Michael Morrison wrote:

    Howdy folks,

    The following paragraphs both mention 'protocol errors' while doing text
    negotiations.

    Section 5.2 states:
    The constants "None", "Reject", "Irrelevant", and "NotUnderstood" are
    reserved and MUST ONLY be used as described here. Violation of this rule
    is a protocol error (in particular the use of "Reject", "Irrelevant",
    and "NotUnderstood" as proposed values).

    Section 5.3 states:
    "Any given Login request or response belongs to a specific stage; this
    determines the negotiation keys allowed with the request or response. It
    is considered to be a protocol error to send a key not allowed in the
    current stage."

    It's not clear to me how "protocol error" status is communicated back to
    the initiator. What Status-Class and Status-Detail values are
    appropriate for a Login Response PDU to indicate "protocol error"?

    Thanks

    Mike

    --
    Subrahmanya Sastry K V