    Re: questions about draft-chadalapaka-command-ordering-00.txt

    Aaron,

    Thanks for the review.

    > 1) I think that the draft currently implies the section below from iSCSI
    > is not always a MUST.  Is this the authors intent?

    No.

    The issue was: should initiators and targets *enforce* command ordering?
    The answer was: Only the targets *enforce* it, but the initiators don't have to
    *use* it (initiators still have to satisfy other iSCSI-mandated requirements that
    presumably were meant to help target do the enforcement).

    I thought we picked the words carefully here, but I can now see that replacing
    "command ordering" with "ordered command delivery" in 3.3.1(b) could improve
    the readability of the text (since 3.2(a) summarizes the idea of the phrase
    "ordered command delivery").

    > 2)  I think the following text from section 6 implies that implementations
    > should not comply with iSCSI, is this the authors intent as well?

    No, :-)  I do not see any text below the quoted text suggesting what
    you read into it.

    Authors can substitute "However, here are certain things" with "However,
    here are certain additional things".  Hope that helps.
    --
    Mallikarjun

    Mallikarjun Chadalapaka
    Networked Storage Architecture