    From: Santosh Rao [mailto:santoshr@cup.hp.com]
    Sent: Sunday, February 16, 2003 4:28 PM
    To: eddyq@ivivity.com
    Cc: ips@ece.cmu.edu
    Subject: Re: iSCSI: underrun with a check condition

    Eddy,

    Yes, anytime the amount of data transferred does not match the data transfer
    length specified, the target must set the U bit or O bit, depending on
    whether
    an underflow or overflow occurred.

    A recovered error check condition may be returned as the response to a scsi
    command which was processed to completion. The recovered error indicates
    that a
    previous command completed successfully with some recovery action by the
    device
    server and the sense data provides additional details on that previous
    command.

    The current command on which a recovered error check condition was returned
    may
    have been processed to completion, or experienced some underflow or
    overflow.
    This information must be conveyed by the target in the iscsi scsi response
    pdu
    using the appropriate fields to describe the underflow or overflow.

    Thanks,
    Santosh

    > Should the target set the U bit when it gives a check condition to a
    data-in
    > command?
    >

    > Eddy

Last updated: Mon Feb 17 15:19:12 2003