    RE: iSCSI: keys/parameter dependence

    Bob,

    Yes,  the stated orders of the steps.

    "Robert D. Russell" <rdr@io.iol.unh.edu>

    29/01/03 03:02

    Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
    cc
    ips@ece.cmu.edu, owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu
    Subject
    RE: iSCSI: keys/parameter dependence

    Julian:

    > Your interpretation is correct. The keys can be batched  or distributed
    > but the stated order must be maintained.

    Just to be crystal clear -- I believe you mean the stated order of the
    steps, not the keys within the steps.  Is that correct?

    In otherwords, in step 2, after the target has received CHAP_A=<A1,A2,...>
    from the initiator, the target can reply with any of the 3 keys
    CHAP_A=<A>
    CHAP_I=<I>
    and
    CHAP_C=<C>
    in any order within 1 pdu,
    or in 3 pdus, each carrying 1 key (but it doesn't matter which key
    is in which pdu)
    or in 2 pdus, one carrying one key (doesn't matter which key)
    and the other carrying the other 2 keys (doesn't matter which order),
    etc.

    This makes sense because this is all the same step.
    What cannot happen is that the target would send any of these
    keys before receiving CHAP_A=<A1,A2,...> from the initiator,
    nor could the target send CHAP_N or CHAP_R to the initiator
    before the initiator completes its next step, which would be
    to send CHAP_N and CHAP_R to the target.

    Is this correct?

    Thanks,
    Bob Russell

Last updated: Thu Jan 30 16:19:13 2003