    iSNS revision -17 has been submitted

    Hi Folks,

    I have just submitted iSNS -17 to IETF.  I've also posted a .pdf of the document (with change highlights) to the following location:

    www.nishansystems.com/ietf/draft-ietf-ips-isns-17.pdf

    Summary of changes for iSNS -17, in addition to what David Black already announced:

    1)       DD_Next_ID and DDS_Next_ID were added as read-only attributes that provide the next available unused DD_ID and DDS_ID value.

    2)       Clarified that server-specific attributes may only be queried.  iSNS clients are not allowed to register values for server-specific attributes.

    3)       Clarified that DD and DDS membership is persistent, even if a Storage Node or DD is deregistered from the database

    4)       Clarified that ESI Interval values submitted by an iSNS client MAY be modified by the iSNS server and the final value returned in the registration response.

    5)       Clarified the process for registering DDS_Symbolic_Name, DDS_Status, DD_Symbolic_Name, and DD_Features attributes.

    6)       Clarified use of the Message Key and Operating Attributes in the DDReg and DDSReg messages.

    7)       Clarified the difference between using DD member attributes instead of the actual object key in querying to discover DD membership.

    Best regards,

    Josh Tseng

Last updated: Wed Jan 29 17:19:12 2003
12274 messages in chronological order