    Re: How to handle CRC errors?

    Please get through the Recovery Chapter (6) and the Recovery appendix (E) of the current draft.

    Julo

    "Preetam Verma" <pverma@marantinetworks.com>
    Sent by: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

    24/01/03 01:32

    Please respond to
    <pverma@marantinetworks.com>

    <ips@ece.cmu.edu>
    cc
    Subject
    How to handle CRC errors?

    I have a situation like this:

                                               CPU

    <---------------->port<---------->TCP offload engine
    <------------->Logic<----------------->Application processing

    The logic is going to assemble PDUs and pass them on to the application. If
    a PDU that came in has CRC errors, will the application need to signal the
    initiator to terminate the session? Say a PDU header from the TCP offload
    engine was corrupted, how would the "logic" need to handle the data that
    comes later. How do I ensure that the application receives packets in order?
    How can I ensure that in such an event the PDU processing logic does not go
    out of sync?

    Regards

    Preetam

Last updated: Fri Jan 24 12:19:11 2003