    ISCSI-MIB and AUTH-MIB question

    In the ISCSI-MIB, we have a way to refer to entries in the AUTH-MIB that
    may be used by the other side of a connection, using
    iscsiIntrAuthorization and iscsiTgtAuthorization.

    As I understand it, they are used for authenticating the other side of a
    connection. Thus iscsiTgtAuthorization tells a target what auths (CHAP
    secrets, etc.) an initiator can use to authenticate to it. Likewise as I
    understand it, iscsiIntrAuthorization tells an initiator what auths to
    require for mutual authentication.

    How do we configure a device for the credentials it should use for its
    half of authentication? i.e. how do we tell an initiator what CHAP secrets
    it should use for its resposnes, and likewise how do we tell the target
    what to use for mutual?

    Take care,

    Bill

Last updated: Fri Jan 24 13:19:08 2003