    From: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu [mailto:owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu] On Behalf Of
    Preetam Verma
    Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2003 12:01 PM
    To: ips@ece.cmu.edu
    Subject: Minimum PDU Size & CRC.

    Eddy/Julo

    I'm trying to reassemble ISCSI PDUs from data from a TCP offload engine.
    During congestion, an initiator may send 1 byte in the TCP payload. I
    wish
    to know whether an initiator can send unpadded 1 byte in a TCP payload.
    When
    it comes to data intensive applications, people generally check/generate
    CRC. I am not sure whether it's the application that needs to check
    whether
    the data received had proper CRC. I am talking from a hardware
    perspective.

    I'd greatly appreciate your help.

    Regards

    Preetam