    RE: iSCSI: LUN in a ping

    Eddy,

    We all appreciate you opinion - but this has been hotly debated more than 18 months ago.
    And I recall sending you an explanation regarding the middle boxes and how they handle the LUN for routing in a "clustered" target.
    And your comment about a "requirement with no good reason" besides being derogatory does not add any value to the discussion.

    Julo

    Eddy Quicksall <eddy_quicksall@ivivity.com>
    Sent by: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

    23/01/03 17:19

    Rod Harrison <rod.harrison@windriver.com>, Julian Satran <julian@cs.haifa.ac.il>, ips@ece.cmu.edu
    cc
    Subject
    RE: iSCSI: LUN in a ping

    For that, wouldn't the target generate REPORTED LUNS DATA HAS CHANGED
    (3F/0E)?

    It is my opinion that this is just another requirement that has been put on
    the target for no good reason.

    It should be up to the target as to if the LUN field has meaning and the
    initiator should be the one that has a requirement to echo the value.

    Eddy