    From: Julian Satran [mailto:Julian_Satran@il.ibm.com]
    Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 10:34 AM
    To: Eddy_Quicksall@iVivity.com
    Cc: Black_David@emc.com; dcuddihy@attotech.com; Elliott, Robert (Server Storage); ips@ece.cmu.edu
    Subject: RE: iSCSI: Implicit Termination of Tasks

    Eddy,

    Setting the UA is a purely SCSI matter and so is the code used. There is no iSCSI state surviving and we assume that the isCSI initiator
    produces some termination code for the SCSI initiator. It is not clear to me than anything besides "ACA active" code is needed.
    If the target messes with command from other initiators (single queue-per-target)  those should be ready to accept the consequences of a common queue.
    UA is used (IMHO) mostly in cases of reset - that kill commands in other queues even when the operation is queue-per-initiator.

    Julo

    "Eddy Quicksall" <Eddy_Quicksall@iVivity.com>

    14/01/03 16:39

    Please respond to
    <Eddy_Quicksall@iVivity.com>

    Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
    cc
    <Black_David@emc.com>, <dcuddihy@attotech.com>, <ips@ece.cmu.edu>, "Elliott, Robert \(Server Storage\)" <Elliott@hp.com>
    Subject
    RE: iSCSI: Implicit Termination of Tasks

    >>nothing specific has to survive for ACA

    For ACA, doesn't the next command get the UA then the additional commands get ACA Active until ACA is cleared (all assuming NACA, the ACA attribute and QErr are being used appropriately)?

    So, doesn't the UA have to survive?

    Eddy