    RE: iSCSI: Implicit Termination of Tasks

    Forgive me for being confused, but what is the reason for the Check
    Condition being issued?

    Say a target implements a blocking CA, (TST 0 Qerr 0) which would disallow
    other initiator's tasks from running until the check condition could be
    reported, or another command from the CA'd initiator completes with good
    status.  An internal, non- reported check-condition would cause all other
    initiators' tasks to be blocked until  someone times out and issues a lun
    reset to the device, or a command from the first initiator completed (not
    likely, since that initiator logged out and all its tasks have been
    terminated ).    All this caused by bad behavior on behalf of one
    initiator.

    Is that what's intended here?  Just because someone turns off one machine,
    all access to that lun is blocked for some period of time?  Or did I miss
    part of the discussion?

    Implicit termination is handled in FCP without the check condition being
    issued... all the tasks from the 'logged out' initiator are terminated,
    reservations cleared, etc.  and a UA is generated for that initiator.
    Every other initiator goes along with no problem, including those sharing
    the lun with the initiator who abruptly logged out.  Seems to work.

    regards,

    david cuddihy

    David J Cuddihy
    Principal Engineer