    From: Mallikarjun C. [mailto:cbm@rose.hp.com]
    Sent: Monday, January 06, 2003 3:12 PM
    To: Eddy_Quicksall@ivivity.com; ips@ece.cmu.edu
    Subject: Re: iSCSI: Implicit Termination of Tasks

    Comments below.
    --
    Mallikarjun

    Mallikarjun Chadalapaka
    Networked Storage Architecture
    Network Storage Solutions
    Hewlett-Packard MS 5668
    Roseville CA 95747
    cbm@rose.hp.com

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "Eddy Quicksall" <Eddy_Quicksall@ivivity.com>
    To: <ips@ece.cmu.edu>
    Sent: Monday, January 06, 2003 5:16 AM
    Subject: iSCSI: Implicit Termination of Tasks

    > There are two sections titled Implicit Termination of Tasks but they
    are
    > slightly different. Which is correct?

    Both are correct and consistent.

    > Section 6.5 lists 4 items but section 10.14.5 only lists two.

    I'm seeing three in 10.14.5.....

    Even though 6.5 lists all the four cases, it makes it clear that the
    check condition is to be employed only for three cases - and
    only those three are listed by 10.14.5.  Perhaps the text could have
    been a little bit more explicit about this distinction.

    > If 6.5 is correct, why is item D not included in the unit attention?
    SAM-3
    > says:

    It's not so much a SAM issue.  The issue we considered was how to ensure
    iSCSI-standard ordered delivery of commands in the face of errors.  The
    ordered delivery of commands does not make sense for case (d) - that of
    creating a new session - ordering is not guaranteed anyway across
    sessions.

Last updated: Mon Jan 06 22:19:27 2003
12114 messages in chronological order