    RE: draft-ietf-ips-scsi-mib-04 comments

    That's a separate Identifier (which is currently optional in SCSI), which would be returned as its own ScsiLuIdentifier object.

    I agree the logical unit could return one target port name and a matching relative port identifier to return a consistent set; however, how should it choose which port?

    Ideally, the logical unit should be able to:
    a) return all the target port names
    b) return all the relative target port identifiers
    c) relate the target port name/relative target port identifiers to the ScsiTgtPort objects

    I think this is best left to a future version of the MIB rather than addressed now, since T10 is still enhancing the VPD structures (target device names are being added).  This version can just not return any port-specific identifiers.

    --
    Rob Elliott, elliott@hp.com
    https://ecardfile.com/id/RobElliott

Last updated: Wed Dec 11 05:19:17 2002