    RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ips-scsi-mib-04.txt

    When I refer to a "LUN map", I mean that set of LUNs that a target will
    export to a given initiator port.  There is a mapping between a particular
    LUN and a target's LU.  Some target's simply have a default LUN for each LU,
    and so the target conceptually only has one "LUN map".  Some targets
    determine which LUN to export for an LU based on the I-T-L relationship.
    That target would have multiple LUN maps.

    This concept of "LUN mapping" does not accommodate a single LUN mapping to
    multiple LU's - that is virtualization (or one aspect of it).  Please note:
    I'm not trying to force a particular definition of "LUN mapping", I'm just
    telling you what I mean when I use the term in reference to the SCSI MIB.

Last updated: Thu Oct 31 07:18:59 2002
12002 messages in chronological order