    RE: question on reserve and release !

    • To: "YP Cheng" <ycheng@matissenetworks.com>, <ips@ece.cmu.edu>
    • Subject: RE: question on reserve and release !
    • From: "John Tyndall" <jtyndall@crossroads.com>
    • Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 13:16:17 -0500
    • content-class: urn:content-classes:message
    • Sender: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

    It is not very practical to try and map 10's or 100's of iSCSI hosts to 15 bits on a parallel SCSI bus. The gateway can maintain additional reserve/release state and filter the commands thru the gateway to make this work properly. Basically the gateway ends up maintaining the reservation for the parallel SCSI device.

    John Tyndall
    Architect
    Crossroads Systems Inc.
    Email  : jtyndall@crossroads.com