    From: Julian Satran [mailto:Julian_Satran@il.ibm.com]
    Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 9:27 AM
    To: Eddy Quicksall
    Cc: ips@ece.cmu.edu; owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu
    Subject: Re: iSCSI: Logical Unit Reset

    As other related protocols we preferred to be mute on reset.
    The side effects of reset are well understood and it has been made optional
    in T10.

    Julo

    	Eddy Quicksall <eddy_quicksall@ivivity.com>
    Sent by: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

    08/10/02 16:08

            To:        ips@ece.cmu.edu
            cc:
            Subject:        iSCSI: Logical Unit Reset

    Section 9.5.1 says:

    Task management requests must act on all the commands having a CmdSN lower
    than the task management CmdSN.

    But a Logical Unit Reset, Target [WARM | COLD] Reset and Clear Task Set
    w/TST=0 applies to all initiators for the Target or Target/LUN.

    Since the initiator that issued the TMF knows nothing about the CmdSN's of
    other initiators, how is this handled for the other sessions?

    One thing that can be done is to consider that the session that issued the
    TMF is synchronized only with itself and therefore its TMF would apply to
    all CmdSN's on the other sessions. A statement to this effect should
    probably be added to 9.5.1.

    Eddy
    mailto: Eddy_Quicksall@iVivity.com

Last updated: Thu Oct 10 18:19:04 2002