    iSCSI Naming and Discovery Draft

    I've made (I think) all of the edits required for the naming
    and discovery draft.  A pre-release of the draft is available
    at:

    ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/mbakke/ips/iscsi/working/draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-name-disc-07.txt

    I will submit the draft after the commentors have made sure
    that I didn't mess anything up (it's getting late), and would
    like to post the draft either on Monday or whenever David or
    Elizabeth want it done.

    I'll renumber the references in order of appearance after I'm
    sure that there are no more changes.

    Marjorie, Pat, Elizabeth, Robert, Amir-

    Thanks for your comments.  Please take a look to make sure
    everything's OK.  In particular, look at 1.1 and B.4.  I've
    attached a (hopefully) complete list of changes below.

    --
    Mark A. Bakke
    Cisco Systems

    Changes made from N&D draft-06 to draft-07:

    Overall

    x PT - Move appendices to the end after the Authors names

    ? PT - Target Address difference from iSCSI TargetAddress key

           MK - That's OK, since they have different purposes

    ? PT - Initiator addresses are not described

           MB - I'm not sure we need to describe them; I haven't done
           anything with this comment yet.

    Section 1

    x MK - Address example cleanup

    x PT - Clarified iSCSI node relationship, removed term "iSCSI node name",
           Referenced T10 doc for SCSI device name

    x PT - Clarify node has one or more addresses

    x PT - Have some of the examples include a <port>

    x PT/MK - Reword the "principal object" sentence

    x MK - Remove iSCSI session from the address analogy

    Section 1.1

      Please take a look at new wording.

    x MK - Clarification of organizational naming authority

    x MK - Fix up text on ":" to be more clear about sub-domain names
           Split out the first three examples for better clarity.
           Added comments about responsibilities and domain name
           ownership.  Added reference to iSCSI and spelled out the
           construction of an iqn name.  Deleted confusing text on
           the use of ':' and clarified it using the examples instead.

    x MK - Add ":" to last example

    x MB - Also fixed up descriptions of parts of the IQN, such as the
           date code.

    Section 2

    x ER - Alias definition needs reference to iSCSI doc

    Section 2.2

    x PT - Need rewording after in first example

    Section 3

    x MK - Editorial fix on LUN discovery sentence

    x MK - Editorial fix on iSCSI discovery goals

    x MK - Clarify that it's the target's IP address and TCP port info

    Section B.1

    x PT - Add note about the effects of port redirectors on SendTargets
           This comment is inherited for SOCKS servers by reference.

    Section B.3

    x RG - Added gateway caveat.

    x MK - Mapping typo - change iSCSI to SCSI

    Section B.4

      Please take a look at new wording.

    x MK - Gateway confusing

    x AS - Reword proxy functionality to take advantage of specific transport
           properties

    Section B.5

    x MK - Define DMZ