    Re: Logical Block address in iSCSI CDB

    shesha bhushan wrote:

    > What I am trying to do is,.......
    >
    >   If SCSI sends only 2 block or 3 blocks, wait and collect data upto 16
    > blocks (Usual max PDU of ISCSI) and send them over the network so that it
    > will reduce the header over-head.

    An iSCSI implementations should support clustering of requests.
    Clustering of requests goes hand in hand with the elevator algorithm.
    (<<long lecture on those two concepts here to be read in your alma
    mater's library>>)

    The Linux block layer and SCSI core, support clustering and the IOL/UNH
    implementation (which is the one you are using) should _enable_ it (please
    don't tell me if it does/doesn't -- I don't care).

    Please note that you are saying ``... wait and collect ...'', at which
    point you've overruled an implementation of being fast.

    Please further note, that as an interconnect/transport, iSCSI
    has NOTHING to do with any of this.

    Please also don't assume the size of a ``block'' and the size
    of the iSCSI PDU.

    A self-respecting OS should've optimized the requests before
    submitting them down to the interconnect driver (FC/SPI/iSCSI/etc).
    Linux would do that for you if you've enabled clustering.
    Thus if speed is what you're after, I'd suggest you use
    a commercial iSCSI solution.

    --
    Luben

    P.S. Please just let us know what you are _actually_ trying to do,
    rather than putting ellipsis at the end of your sentence.
    I certainly hope you are not trying to do your assignment,
    else we should NOT be replying to you.

    We could give you a lot more and invaluable help rather than
    you asking details and trying to put their answers together.