    RE: iSCSI: freeing resources during data-in and r2t

    > As I said to David, it is probably too late for a change here but
    > it seems like we could have used StatSN (actually with a different name)
    > as a counter of everything going from the target to the initiator.
    > That way, the target does not have to associate the TCP ACK in order
    > to tell if the initiator got a PDU.

    A word of caution - the TCP ACK indicates that TCP delivered the bytes
    - if CRC digests are in use, a digest error could cause those bytes not
    to form a usable PDU.

    I view the A bit as an 80% solution that addresses the major portion
    of the need for targets to free resources prior to command completion,
    and I think Eddy's in reluctant semi-violent agreement that no change
    should be made here.