    RE: Regarding Counter64 in iSCSI MIB draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-mib-05.txt

    Yes, 32 bit counters are needed for at least the 32 LSBs of each
    64 bit counter, and providing a pair to cover all 64 bits would
    be a good thing.  I presume the MIB authors will add this accordingly.

    +1 (508) 249-6449            FAX: +1 (508) 497-8018

    > iSCSI MIB has two Counter64 counters (iscsiSsnTxDataOctets,
    > iscsiSsnRxDataOctets) and the MIB document (section 4)
    > suggests that SNMPv1
    > Agents could drop support for such counters. I was informed
    > that IPS working
    > group made a decision to support SNMPv1 agents by providing
    > two Counter32
    > MIB Variables for each Counter64 MIB variable.
    >
    > Transmitted Data Octets and Received Data Octets are very important
    > statistics information and it would be useful if SNMPv1
    > agents could provide
    > this information.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Siva