    Re: iSCSI: Recovery R2T

    Hi Michael:

       Initiator will send SNACK request PDU indicates for missed numbered-response.

       Support for SNACK is mandatory only if the supported ErrorRecovery-
    Level is greater than zero.

       The SNACK request is used to request the retransmission of numbered-

    Draft says "

        The numbered-response(s) or R2T(s), requested by a SNACK, MUST be
    delivered as exact replicas of the ones the initiator missed and MUST
    include all its flags. However, the fields ExpCmdSN, MaxCmdSN and Exp-
    DataSN MUST carry the current values.

    The numbered Data-In PDUs, requested by a SNACK with a RunLength dif-
    ferent from 0, have to be delivered as exact replicas of the ones the
    initiator missed and MUST include all its flags. However, the fields
    ExpCmdSN and MaxCmdSN MUST carry the current values.  Data-In PDUs
    requested with RunLength 0 (meaning all PDUs after this number) may be
    different from the ones originally sent, in order to reflect changes
    in MaxRecvPDULength.

    Any SNACK that requests a numbered-response, Data, or R2T that was not
    sent by the target MUST be rejected with a reason code of "Protocol
    error". "

    thanks,
    parthi

    "Mallikarjun C." wrote:

    Michael,

    It appears to me that we need to define the term `recovery R2T' -
    the lack of which David Black also pointed out earlier.

    Here's what I propose we should define it as:

    Recovery R2T: It is an R2T generated by a target upon detecting
    the loss of one or more Data-Out PDUs through one of the following means
    - a digest error, a sequence error, or a sequence timeout.  A recovery
    R2T carries the next unused R2TSN, but requests part of or the entire
    data
    burst that an earlier R2T (with a lower R2TSN) had already requested.

    I believe the MUST/SHOULD/MAY language contained in Section 6 already
    defines the expectations on the usage scope of recovery R2T.

    --
    Mallikarjun

    Mallikarjun Chadalapaka
    Networked Storage Architecture