    Re: iSCSI: need for new data SNACK code?

    > However,
    > your argument applies to both the previous discussion, and also seems to
    > fall in David's favor, because the necessary state would need to be saved
    > anyway (for any retransmission to happen).

    Remember, I didn't argue that "necessary state" doesn't have to be saved -
    that would be too brave on my part to do that.....   My metadata explosion
    comment was based on David's description that seemed to imply a tuple table.

    > I guess what I was confused about is how this argues against having another
    > opcode for the SNACK and against the target being the one catching the error
    > condition.

    Though not sure about what you mean by " target being the one catching the error
    condition" (there's no error in redeclaration of max PDU size, except for the lost data
    itself - and the onus is on the initiator to "catch" that)....

    This doesn't argue either way (and a needless subroutine call), I was pointing this
    out when a comparable scheme on the initiator side was argued as flawed.
    My point was and is that I see only implementation errors that can make the
    one-code scheme untenable, not any protocol issues.  Ironically, the same applies to
    the two-code scheme as well.
    --
    Mallikarjun

    Mallikarjun Chadalapaka