    RE: iSCSI: DLB's [T.6] 2.3 iSCSI Session Types

    David,

    The original MAY was perfectly appropriate and so is the MUST.
    If you say that you have targets that MAY not support anything else than .. the an initiator attempting to use anything else
    would do it at its own risk.
    Your preference for MUST puts an additional mandatory burden to targets to CHECK (all targets) that nothing else
    is sent.

    It is strict where none of us thought that we have to be.

    From an initiator POW they are equivalent.
    For a target it requires more work.

    I would favor the way we where ... but that may be all age related.

    Julo

    Black_David@emc.com
    Sent by: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

    07/08/2002 05:18 PM