    RE: iSCSI: Decimal encoding - why 64 bits ?

    The most common example would probably be the
    IP address, which is a binary value.
    It is often presented
    as four separate decimal numbers for no reason
    I can think of, except perhaps a feeling that
    hexadecimal numbers were somehow less user
    friendly for inexperienced users.

    See RFC 0790 and RFC 0791.

    Bob