    Re:

    --- "Julian Satran (Actcom)"
    <Julian_Satran@actcom.net.il> wrote:
    > Leading 0 where forbidden after a brief discussion.
    > As for unlikely to be used - I could argue for the
    > contrary - as in the examples I gave in a previous
    > notes.
    > Many string copied from humanly readable documents
    > tend to be decimal-encoded.

    Julian,

    You are right about the leading 0, thus Bill's
    example was a bad one. He is right however about
    the inability to express the leading nul-bytes of
    a binary string when it is encoded in decimal.

    The examples you gave previously (unless some
    have escaped me) were really bad. I have yet to
    see a true "binary string" (and not a number)
    encoded in decimal.

    Martins Krikis, Intel Corp.

    Disclaimer: these opinions are mine and may not
                be those of my employer.