    Re: iSCSI: Decimal encoding - why 64 bits ?

    Pat-

    We use hex for binary values; it just made the most sense to us.  So
    I agree that decimal for binary values ought to be eliminated, particularly
    since they can sometimes be longer than 64 bits, and sometimes shorter.
    I can't see the value in accepting the same key in one case as a binary
    string, and another as an integer.  In the MIB, any key information
    (the CHAP and SRP passwords) are configured as octet strings, not integers.

    Anyway, I'm not necessarily trying to change anything, but if there's
    an opportunity to decide on when and whether decimal is used, I don't
    see any use for decimal > 32 bits.

    --
    Mark

    --