    From: kevin_lemay@agilent.com [mailto:kevin_lemay@agilent.com]
    Sent: Monday, July 01, 2002 8:17 AM
    To: Julian_Satran@il.ibm.com
    Cc: ips@ece.cmu.edu
    Subject: iSCSI: Question on login min/Max

    Julian,

    In draft v14, page 210, The following text was added:

    "Result function wherever mentioned states the function that can be applied to check the validity of the responder selection. Minimum means that the selected value cannot exceed the offered value. Maximum means that the selected value cannot be lower than the offered value."

    What drove this change? This is a departure from what it was previously where we could just take the min/max of the two offered numbers.

    So if I interpret this correctly, if:

    Init   -> DefaultTime2Wait=2 (func is Max)
    Target -> DefaultTime2Wait=1

    Init detects an error and closes the TCP connection.

    Correct?

    Kevin

Last updated: Mon Jul 01 14:18:50 2002
11045 messages in chronological order