    Re: iSCSI: Questions regarding iSCSI LUN Access Controls

    Nick,

    The "clearer definition/reference" is now SPC-3 (the latest version).  This
    has incorporated the final approved proposal(s) for SCSI Access Controls.
    This went through 6 more revisions as T10/99-245r? but also as 2 or 3 other
    revisions under a new number (which I don' t recall at the moment -- but
    it's all in SPC-3 as the official version).

    If there is a reference to that older document in the draft, it should be
    removed and replaced with the SPC-3 reference.

    Implementing LU ACLs in iSCSI is not a "short paragraph or two" in terms of
    the possible mechanisms for doing it -- that is, there are many ways to do
    it, and not all use the SCSI defined model. I don't think it would be
    productive to open up this discussion.

    Jim Hafner

    Nick Bellinger <nickb@attheoffice.org>@ece.cmu.edu on 06/27/2002 01:08:47
    PM