    Re: iSCSI: StatSN Field in R2T messages.

    Gwendal,

    StatSN is just "piggybacked" on R2T - 9.8.2 says specifically it is not advanced (R2Ts are counted with Data-In).
    It can help detect holes in the response sequence.
    For Data-In as you have guessed it is used actively (and advanced)  when S=1 and reserved otherwise.
    And yes we could have chosen to present it and not advance it when S=0 but the decision not to do so was
    to avoid having too many fields processed for a Data PDU (in the early days we contemplated Data PDU to have nothing else than the placement information for a Remote DMA).

    Julo

    "Gwendal Grignou" <ggrignou@silverbacksystems.com>
    Sent by: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

    06/26/2002 10:15 PM