    • Subject: RE: iSCSI: use of Text/Login with no data segment
    • From: pat_thaler@agilent.com
    • Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 15:52:09 -0600
    • Sender: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

    Julian,

    I think a MUST is too strong here. Also, the text "unless explicitly required by a general or a key-specific negotiation rule" may not cover the case of  receiving a Text/Login R___ with F/T=0 and C=0 when one has no keys to send. I don't think there is any explicit rule in the draft requiring one to send with no data segment in that case. It is just implict that one must respond with such a PDU if the negotiation is to finish. Therefore, the following text would be better:

    A target or initiator SHOULD NOT use a Text/Login Response or Text/
    Login Request with no data segment (DataSegmentLength 0) unless
    responding to a Text/Login Request or Text/Login Response, respectively,
    with the F/T bit set to 0 while the node has no keys to send or with the C bit
    set to 1.

    (This is the same as the text at the bottom except T bit is corrected to F/T to cover Text PDUs.)

    Pat

Last updated: Thu Jun 20 10:18:47 2002
10908 messages in chronological order